I do not think that Canada’s claim to multiculturalism is not a myth. I believe this for several reasons, Canada has recently rescued several thousand Syrian refugees from the Middle East and embraced and accommodated them. Another is we have a point system to see if you qualify to immigrate to Canada, some might think this is discriminatory but it’s to see if the immigrant will be a active member of society and work, take part in community events vote when eligible etc. Canada has recently started to embrace the diversity coming to Canada. More than our neighbors to the south. People living in the USA have started to see if they can make immigrate to Canada.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- I like to play hockey, I have been playing hockey for 10+ years. I have been playing since i was 6 yrs old and i enjoy it alot. Its a good thing to do when your board.
- I team rope, i have been team roping for almost as long as i have been able to ride a horse. It is my favourite sport in the summer, but its alot of travel which I am okay with. I like to travel especially for roping.
- I like to work on the ranch and ride on my free time and work on my horsemanship skills, and finish/ keep training roping horses. I have been working on the ranch since i was little going out and feeding cattle in the winter etc.
HANDOUT A: IMPORTANT CHARACTERISTICS ACTIVITY
- Select 10 adjectives from the list that best describe you, and list them in order of how well they describe you.
- Then select 10 adjectives from the list that you think are the most important characteristics to have in a friend. List them in order of importance.
|Adjectives||Adjectives that best describes you||Important characteristics|
HANDOUT A: REFLECTION
o What do you enjoy learning about? Briefly explain why you enjoy learning about each one.
- mechanics because that what ii want to do for a career.____________________________________________________________________________
- ____________________sports because its a good pass time________________________________________________________
- ____________________________________wood working because its a good hobby________________________________________
o What are your favourite subject areas?
- science_______________________ 2. ______gym______________ 3. shop________________________
o What are some careers you are considering? How do they relate to your subject areas?
- mechanics science because u figure out how everything works____________________________________________________________________________
- ____________electrician uses math and science________________________________________________________________
3. ____engineer uses math and science__________________________________________________________________________
HANDOUT B: MY KNOWLEDGE
- Select Who Am I from the menu navigation on the left hand side of the screen
- Complete the Knowledge assessment by selecting Start Survey
- Click View Full Report and answer the following questions
o What are your top three subject areas?
o What topics do they include?
o What is your Career Cluster?
o What are some of the things someone in this career cluster would enjoy? Is it suited to your interests?
o What are three of the occupation matches listed at the bottom of the page? Would you enjoy these careers? Why or why not?
o Go to High School, and search courses in your top three subject areas. Create a plan with these courses and see what Post-Secondary Opportunities are available to you by clicking the numbers in the Pathway Eligibility Indicator.
o What are three of the Post-Secondary Opportunities you are eligible for?
- Program: _____heavy duty mechanic________________________ Institution:_____________olds______________
- Program: ___machanic__________________________ Institution:__medicine hat_________________________
- Program: ______________________heavy duty technician_______ Institution:____________lethbridge_______________
In this post, students now reflect upon what they learned about themselves in their Interest Survey.
Students copy and paste this post from my page, and post it to their own. The Category is C.A.L.M. Tag Morrison, and This is Me.
HANDOUT A: REFLECTION
o What are some of your interests? Briefly explain why you enjoy each one.
- __________hockey, its a good fun sport to play in the winter_________________
- ____________Driving because i need to drive daily and i like it._______________
- _________________team roping __________
o What are some careers you are considering? How do they relate to your interests?
- ___________________Heavy duty technician ________
o What types of occupations are suited to your interests? (Click View Report and read about your top two interest traits)
__________________welder, mechanic etc________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
o What are three of the occupation matches listed in the Match Results tab? Would you enjoy these careers? Why or why not?
Primary Motivation Factor
- The acknowledgement of achievement, service, merit, etc.; often in the form of some token of appreciation.
- Formal acknowledgement that conveys approval or endorsement.
While a celebrity might not want to be recognized when they’re trying to have a quiet day out with a friend, most of us enjoy some level of recognition for the work that we do. That recognition might come in the form of an award, a promotion or a sincere “Thank You!” for something we’ve done. It could be the celebrity that comes along with being a famous (or notorious) performer or public figure. Recognition might even come in the form of increased responsibility, managing a team, important activities or large budgets.
Secondary Motivation FactorThe conditions in which an individual works. Working conditions can include (but aren’t limited to) the physical environment (indoors, outdoors, sitting, standing, etc.), stress and noise levels, degree of safety/danger, benefits, wages and amenities, job security and job requirements.
Additional Motivation Factors
Learn all about your motivation factors
Based on your top Subject Areas you might like a career in:
This cluster involves the science of dealing with human and animal health. planning and managing, and providing therapeutic services, diagnostic services, health informatics, support services, research in biology and biotechnology and the development of these and related services. It involves the study and research of health related topics and the application of knowledge to improve health and prevent disease.
Where you prefer to focus your attention
The way you prefer to process information
How you prefer to make decisions
Lifestyle and Structure
How you prefer to deal with the outside world
ESTPs tend to be outgoing and to feel at ease in large groups or when working as part of a team. They likely enjoy the spotlight, socializing, and working through problems by discussing them with others rather than quietly and independently reflecting on ideas. They likely feel invigorated when working in a group and may be impulsive, sometimes speaking their minds without careful consideration.
When approaching a task, ESTPs prefer flexibility and options to routine and deadlines. They also likely have difficulty planning and prefer to “dive into” a project, sometimes appearing haphazard in their approach. When collecting information, ESTPs prefer observation and measurement and tend to take things at face value rather than looking for hidden meanings. ESTPs also tend to have organized ideas, which makes them good at presenting information. However, their attention to detail and tendency to take things at face value may lead the ESTP to miss the “big picture”.
When faced with a decision, ESTPs tend to be more concerned with being fair and impartial than with how a decision will affect others. When working as part of a team, ESTPs may be more concerned that everyone does their part, rather than being concerned that everyone gets along. Because of their objective nature and their tendency to see things in “black and white”, ESTPs may be perceived by others as being opinionated.